Sunday, August 27, 2017

Welcome to my home










Happy Sunday everyone!

I hope all of you have had an amazing day/weekend. I personally have had a wonderful weekend. I got to spend time with my future husband, take my bridal portraits, and decorate my future home. I love those weekend were you get to relax but feel somewhat accomplished. I can't believe I will be a Simmons in 13 days !!!!!! I am so excited to marry my best friend as of 4 1/2 years and spend the rest of my life with him. Funny story..... About 3 years into dating Chad had a "surprise" for me. Little did I know he was showing me my future home. He took me down a long country road and we pulled into this junk hole. I looked at him and didn't understand what he was showing me. Come to find out his plan was to remodel this home. Guys, I can't emphasize enough how big of a junk hole this property was. If you click on the "interior design" button on my blog and scroll way down you can see the before and after pictures of this place I am talking about. Anyways, this home was owned by a man who liked running poker houses. So to put it into better words..... my future home is a poker house. I guess dreams do come true.. JK. Thankfully Chad was dating a interior designer at the time and I knew what I was doing when it came to remodeling homes. I have always had a passion for making homes look and feel beautiful. I really wanted to make this home special because I kinda had a feeling this is the place I was going to live one day (so I did just that). After a good 6 months of construction the house was completed.

Long story short I am moving into my dream home in 2 weeks and I am so blessed that Chad took the leap of faith in letting me decorate and design our future home. Just some tips when remodeling. 1. Always Always Always do a dark and a light. Either do a dark kitchen and light floors or either light kitchen and dark floors. It makes a huge difference in how things appear. 2. Always pick the best light fixtures. Light fixtures are one of the cheapest ways to make a home look and feel stylish. 3. Add your touch. Everyone always has a different style and it's important to make your home feel like YOURS. 4. Cabinet knobs are so cheap and so minor but they make the world of difference. 5. Add a glass cabinet or two to showoff some of your nicest items. The glass cabinets make our kitchen look and feel like home and I am so happy I did it.

Can't wait to show you guys more.

Mudroom and bedroom will be next :)

xoxo,

Skyler









1 comment so far

  1. It looks beautiful!! It's crazy how much it has changed even from last summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Southern Meets Chic © . Design by FCD.